Now that you’ve landed the perfect job, we bet the first thing running through your mind is a quick trip to your favorite clothing store (either that brick and mortar store or the online store) to stock up on some essentials and wardrobe must-haves, appropriate for your workplace. And, these will include not just those beautiful dresses and elegant formal outfits, but also accessories, shoes, bags et al.
When you have to wear one outfit for hours on end, as you will need to do for all the hours that you are at work, it becomes necessary that you select clothes which are comfortable, casual (if your workplace allows for it) yet stylish. Handloom dresses are one such style that checks all the boxes! Immensely popular these days, they not only look beautiful but exude elegance and charisma.
But, what other essentials do you need to stock up on? Without further ado, here’s a list of five working woman must-haves.
1. The Structured Tote: Yes, this is an absolute must-have for every working woman. A big solid bag that can hold everything you need in exquisite style. Invest in a monochromatic tote bag with a timeless design, which can complement most outfits.
2. The Classic Blazer: The quintessential item, which can turn any outfit into a formal ensemble. Wear it with a dress or jeans, or even a maxi dress and it automatically converts the look into a professional one. The ideal blazer to invest in would be a black one.
3. The Comfortable Maxis: Yes, over the years, style options have evolved and come a long way, so that maxi dresses are no longer considered as just beachwear. Stylish cotton maxi dresses in amazing prints such as Kalamkari or Dabu prints are totally work appropriate and are the perfect outfits to wear on those days when you don’t want to dress up, yet want to look amazing. Invest in two or three maxi dresses and style them with various accessories, to get a new look each time.
4. The Pointy-Toe Shoes: It’s quite impossible to wear heels all day, every day to work. This is where these pointy-toe shoes come in. Whether flats or heels, pointy toes look sleek and amazing and can raise the style quotient of any outfit immediately. Invest in some neutral shades and a definite black one.
5. The Crisp Shirts: A few tailored shirts are a definitive must-have in your wardrobe. These shirts flatter everyone and can be easily paired with formal pants, flared pants, jeans or skirts. White, black, brown, light shades of pink, blue, red and cream in wrinkle-free materials are your best bet.